Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Science of Makeup: Chemical Peels


"[A Chemical Peel] uses a chemical solution to smooth the texture of your skin by removing the damaged outer layers", according to plasticsurgery.org. With a name like Chemical Peel, I was really hesitant at the idea of putting this on my face.  When I think of chemicals, I revert back to the image of my high school science lab with bunsen burners, dissecting pigs and of course the Periodic Table of Elements.  Truth is skin care products start in a lab probably really similar to that of my high school classroom.  The most important thing about makeup is to know about skin care.  Having smooth, even toned skin gives a clean canvas for makeup application.  This is exactly what Chemical Peels are used for.  So yet again, there is a science to makeup and the more we know the healthier we can be.  I'm still not sure this is for me so I gathered some information on the internet, asked professionals and even watched some videos of my most trusted beauty gurus. Check them out below:






2 comments:

  1. plasticsurgery.org is a website that needs to be followed for chemical peels and also there are lots of videos available to catch the idea on chemical peels.

    Chemical Peels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check it out! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete


Reading List

Real Time Web Analytics