Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Prom is quickly approaching and by now you've probably thumbed through dozens of magazines and stalked your favorite celebrities for ideas to steal the night of your prom. Don't make the mistake of looking greasy instead of dewy or your pics might be a disaster. Here are a 5 common prom makeup mistakes that have been known for ruining what otherwise might be perfect prom pics.
1. Too much shine. The last thing you want to do is have a shiny forehead in your prom pics, not to mention, the foundation rubbing off on your dress or your dates collar. A great way to prevent this is to evenly distribute primer on your face before applying your makeup. This keeps the makeup in place and prevents oil from seeping to the surface.
2. Not matching your skin tone. Be sure that the foundation you are wearing perfectly matches your skin tone. Test your foundation color below the cheek and compare it to your neck and chest. Blend the foundation into the neck.
3. Not taking pre-prom pics. Certain products with additives such as sunscreen can make your skin appear white and pale on camera, but not in person. It's important to take a few test pics in advance so there are no surprises when you receive your professional photos.
4. Avoid too much shimmer under the brow bone. Chunky glitter under the brow bone does not reflect well when the camera flashes. Keep the brow bone color subtle or you may look like you have highlighter drawn on your eyes.
5. Preserve the color in your lips. You will definitely want to reapply your lipstick before your pictures, but if you don't have that option. Make sure you apply lip liner to the entire lip under your lipstick as a color insurance. This preserves the pigment on your lips and if the color starts to fade at least you will have a nice tint that will show up on film.
Contact me at Business@BlushingAmbers.com for details on my Prom 2012 Makeup Special (includes hair for $99).