Saturday, August 27, 2011

Are African Americans developing obsessions about their appearance at a younger age?

I am writing an article on Body Dysmorphic Disorder (the obsession with a perceived flaw in a way that alters your lifestyle) and I am interested in knowing what my readers believe to be true about the condition. People with Body Dysmophic Disorder in extreme cases opt for plastic surgery, can develop obsessive compulsive disorders, and may even consider/attempt mutilation. For more information on this topic read my past post Too Ugly For Love. Comment below or send me an email if you want your answer to be anonymous. Thanks in advance for helping me in a great cause to add more research around this topic!

Are African Americans at a greater risk of developing Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) due to the stigma placed upon them in the United States? If so, are they more likely to develop BDD at a younger age?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Reading List

Real Time Web Analytics