Your skin absorbs 60% of what you put on its surface. (beautifiles) That's why its so important to read labels and observe how your skin reacts to certain beauty products. Organic and all natural makeup can be a great option and here is why:
1. Organic cosmetics don't use additives that are harmful to your skin. What are additives? Additives can be any substance added to makeup for flavor or color. The bioactive ingredients in organic makeup are actually working to fight against skin problems.
2. Organic beauty products have anti-oxidants that improve the condition of our skin. Antioxidants are substances that may protect your cells against the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are molecules produced when your body breaks down food or is exposed to unhealthy environmental elements such as smoke or radiation. These free radicals can lead to cancer, the damaging of cells and heart disease.
3. Natural ingredients have their own scent which can have an aroma therapeutic effect.
4. Fewer chemicals that are harmful to the environment are used in organic cosmetics.
5. Currently the FDA has no authority to enforce testing of beauty products for safety. By opting for organic ingredients, you as the consumer can be sure you are buying the safer product.
If you find this post to be interesting you may also want to read a former post on Gluten that is found in lipstick and lipgloss.
Organic ingredients to look for:
- Shea Butter
- Aloe Vera
- Cocoa Butter
- Jojoba Oil
Top Brands Known for Organic Makeup Ingredients
- Burt's Bees
- Physicians Formula