Rather than spending tons of money, why not consider doing these 5 DIY Beauty jobs at home.
MANICURES. If you want your nails to be perfect without going to the shop consider an at-home manicure.
1. With a cotton ball remove any old nail polish.
2. Trim and shape your nails with an emery board shaping them either round or square.
3. Soak your nails in a bowl of warm soapy water.
4. Lather your hands with lotion and cuticle cream.
5. Push the cuticles back with a cuticle stick.
6. Exfoliate your hands with sugar and olive oil or a body scrub for 2 - 3 minutes. Thoroughly rinse the scrub off.
7. Apply your trusted moisturizer.
PEDICURES. You can save quite a bit of money by pampering your own feet with these DIY pedicures. (See manicures)
EYEBROW ARCHING. Maintain your arch by tweezing the hairs along the natural shape of your brows. Click here to watch a video.
FACIALS. If you area a fan of Lauren Conrad try her 5 Step Facial that includes steaming like you'd receive at the spa.
- Remove all makeup with a good facial cleanser.
- Exfoliate with a face and lip scrub.
- Steam with a washcloth by filling your sink with warm water and soak a washcloth in it. Ring out the towel and then press it to your face. Repeat this 2 to 3 times.
- Treat your face with a DIY mask specific to your skin type (dry, oily, combination) Here are 11 DIY masks to try.
- Moisturize with a light but hydrating lotion all over your face, neck and ears.
TEETH WHITENING. Using a little baking soda with your toothpaste can whiten your teeth within a week. You can also try one of these drug store teeth whitening kits.